Feeding (Fractured Kingdoms RPG and MOC)

And another MOC for the same RPG in one day! This one took a lot longer to build, though I fear it may not be as popular as my other MOC. Granted, I did use a lot more techniques than in the other one, however there are fewer details (unless you count the intricate rock work). This is the second MOC in the RPG to feature a Caeliadon - Isloriel's winged horses which the elves use as mounts. I know it looks like the Caeliadon has fingers, but overall I think it looks pretty good. In the MOC my character is seen feeding the Caeliadon under the name of Dalayor. Besides that, there is not much to say about this MOC.

Approximate build time: 3 hours

Number of pieces: about 750

Availability of the pieces: The rarest pieces by far are the pterodactyl wings used in the Caeliadon - they came in one set (tower take-down) in the Dino theme.

Favorite part of the build process: Building the Caeliadon - I really like the way he came out. He looks very majestic and battle ready.

Level of difficulty: I'd say hard, unless of course you've got the basics of free-form building down pat - then the build would be relatively easy.

Below is the story that went along with this MOC for the RPG:


Upon arriving at the border, I offered my services to the captain leading the garrison stationed there. I could tell he was deeply impressed by my shooting skills, as well as my work with the dirk. He seemed ready to allow me to participate in the ambush itself until I removed my hood, and he noticed the size of my ears.

"You're human?" he had asked.

"Yes." I replied. I then explained how my parents had moved to Isloriel after my birth.

"Were your parents native to Alborne or Kader?" was his next question.

    I paused, not wishing to answer. I knew the wrong phrase would destroy my chances of ever helping in the ambush.


"Although my parents are descended from Alborne, Isloriel has always been my home." I said, not believing in it truly. After all I had suffered here, could I honestly call this place my home? Granted, I will do anything to prevent a war against my kingdom and the land of my forefathers - but which side should I be fighting on?


The captain seemed less than satisfied with this news. I feared he would banish me from the camp's terrain, however after a moment's thought he finally spoke:

"I shall allow you to tend to the Caeliadons, nothing more. If I find you have been tampering with the weapons, supplies, or hurting the Caeliadons in any way you'll find yourself on the way to the Eilvayr dungeons faster than you can say Traitor."


I thanked the captain and set off immediately to find the Caeliadon herd. A kind soldier informed me that they could be found a little ways up the mountain on the outskirts of the campsite. Having located the herd, I started my work. Although at times it was dull and hard, I had come to enjoy spending most of my time with the beautiful winged creatures. It pained me slightly to know some would lose their lives in the coming attack. I especially became attached to a young, brown Caeliadon under the name of Dalayor after I helped heal his injured wing. I spent most of my free time relaxing with him on the mountainside, thinking about the upcoming battle.


Though they were hostile at first, the Islorien soldiers came to trust me and to treat me as their friend, as did the captain. After a few days he seemed to consider me trustworthy and invited me to his personal tent where he asked if I would like to fight with his soldiers in the ambush.


I found myself at a loss for words. After thinking about it, I wasn't sure I wanted to endanger my life in a battle against my kin. I didn't know how to tell this to the captain without losing his trust, so I remained silent.


"Well, I'll give you till tomorrow to think it over." Having said this he turned away and aimed to leave the tent when he turned around in mid step.

"I'll understand if you don't want to battle your own people - I don't believe anyone should be forced to do so."

I thanked the captain and left. Upon reaching my tent I went over the captains' proposal. In the end I wasn't sure I wanted to fight against my kin. After all, as the captain had said; no one should be forced to fight their own people, and I'm definitely not going to force myself to do so.


The MOC with the Fractured Kingdoms logo




 
The Caeliadon Dalayor
For more information watch this short video:



Comments

Popular Posts