Starship Horizon (SHIPtember 2020 and MOC)

 I finally decided to post this MOC on my blog after thinking about it for a couple days. The reason - I'm not exactly proud with the way it came out. Sure, it's big, sure it's impressive, I just didn't feel too pleased with the finished product. Still, I'm happy I entered and I plan on participating next year, this time with a little more experience and perhaps a little bit more time (I plan on starting sooner, before school starts).

Approximate build time: 15 hours over the course of 30 days

Number of pieces: I have absolutely no idea - somewhere between 2500 and 4000 pieces I'd guess. I do know the length however - 102.5 studs (82cm)

Availability of the pieces: None of the pieces are rare, however many pieces are needed in large quantities.

Favorite part of the build process: The curved front - it looks great and is easily my favorite part of the model. A close second would be the engines - I really like the way those came out as well and constructing the eight sided connecting areas was very fun.

Level of difficulty: Hard



Comments

Popular Posts