Scouting (Fractured Kingdoms RPG and MOC)

 My newest MOC for the Fractured Kingdoms RPG. Although it is on the smaller side, I have to say it stands out amidst my other MOCs for the RPG because of the intense greenery used through-out it. I believe it was pretty popular among other builders - It got a lot of positive feedback. I'm very pleased with the way it came out, although I wasn't sure if I hadn't overdone it a bit. As it turned out, I hadn't and other Lego builders agreed that the amount of foliage gave it a unique look to it. This build was not built for the Monthly challenge - I'm still working on that MOC, plus one other project as well. They should both be posted by the end of the month.

Approximate build time: 2 hours

Number of pieces: about 400

Availability of the pieces: As you can tell, if you've got a lot of plant pieces, then you're good. 

Favorite part of the build process: I split this MOC into 3 parts - building the free-form base, the plants, and the pillars. If I had to choose between those 3, it'd have to be the pillars. After building all those plants I was glad to finally construct something a little less...green\

Level of difficulty: Hard

Below is the story that went with this MOC for the RPG:

I trudged silently through the thick foliage, thinking about what was to come. Albornian forces had been spotted to the north, planning an attack on our ports. Without access to the water are situation would be at considerable risk - if the invasion was to be a success, an evacuation would be much harder to organize on land. The lack of access to the sea would also make it harder to contact the other kingdoms - not like there was any need. Neither Melikroth nor Kader had shown any sign if willingness to aid Isloriel.

With these unpleasant thoughts I wandered the Elkmire, searching for signs of the enemy. My captain had ordered me to retrace our steps and try to determine how far away were the Albornians. My observations would determine if our platoon would stay behind and defend the Elkmire or instead march to the sea and defend Zorthan.

After reaching a point about 20 kilometers away from our camp, I retuned and recounted to my captain that there were no Albornian soldiers in sight...


Comments

Popular Posts