The siege of Corellia (MOC)

I guess my mind couldn't get used to the fact that vignweek ended - I woke up one morning and started building a small MOC at 4:30 am. I didn't stop when I realized that I didn't have to because the MOC was coming out pretty well anyway. As usual, this MOC was built on a free-form base that's dark gray, excluding the medium stone gray ladder on the side. The MOC depicts two special forces troopers invading an imperial base on Corellia. This is one of my favorite builds up to date, I believe it is certainly my best free-form style MOC ever and I'm really proud of it. Building the minifigures was fun as well - I tried to put in as much detail as possible on my troopers (yes, they happen to have the same faces as my troopers from the comic). Speaking of troopers, I'm hoping to release another strip in today, so just throwing that out to all the troopers fans.

Approximate build time: 3 hours

Number of pieces: I'd say around 500

Availability of the pieces: The rarest piece is the transparent dish with the miniature tie-fighter cockpit print. I believe it has only appeared in one or two sets. I happened to pick it up at a second-hand Lego store.

Favorite part of the build process: It's got to be building those minifigures. I feel I did an excellent job on them, especially seeing as though I only used real Lego pieces - no custom bricks were used.

Level of difficulty: Hard. As I said previously, this is one of my best MOCs and I've been building for about ten years now (I only started building for real a year ago though - before that I just built on and off depending on how I felt. Now I'm building every day).





Yes, that's Marcus from the comi 

A small creature hides from the ongoing battle.

A variant with lamps above the MOC, closing it up.

Comments

Popular Posts