RebelLUG vignweek 2020 day 5

The theme for day 5 was space! Although I usually love building space (especially micro-scale), I just didn't have any ideas on what to build. After a while I decided I'd build a free-form base and see if inspiration strikes then. Well it did (I came up with an intergalactic portal, kind of like a stargate type thing), but after an hour of trying to build what looked like a portal, I decided the round thing I was building looked more like a futuristic projector of some sort. Thinking quick, I decided to do something original, something I had never seen before - a hologram city. Although maybe not that practical, I can assure you that in the future these cities shall be very popular in the future (believe me guys, it's coming). Although it's a really simple MOC, building those transparent sky-scrapers was loads of fun.

Approximate build time: 3 hours (I know, waaay too much, but I just couldn't think of what to build for this prompt).

Number of pieces: I'd say about 300

Availability of the pieces: The rarest pieces in this build are the treads used to build the hologram projector and I guess the transparent plates.

Favorite part of the build process: As I said earlier, building those transparent buildings.

Level of difficulty: I'd say pretty hard - some techniques I used are pretty hard to use in MOCs.






Comments

Popular Posts