RebelLUG vignweek 2020 day 4

I know this post is a little late, but I was pretty busy for the last few days and forgot to publish these posts. The theme for today was classic pirates (no modern day pirates). I built this MOC, Dead man's cove. The MOC depicts a battle between two different groups of blood-thirsty pirates. There are a lot of fun little details in this build, like the sleeping pirate in the background or the game of cards that seemed to be in progress when the attack started. It was a very fun MOC to build, I especially like how that palm tree turned out. I really had fun with this MOC, and though it didn't make the top-ten, I wouldn't change the past if it meant destroying this MOC. Also, an update on MOC analytics - I won't be including minifigures in my assessment of rare or expensive pieces.

Approximate build time: 4 hours

Number of pieces: I'd say about 650 pieces, though I'm really not sure.

Availability of the pieces: All the pieces are pretty common, however the paddle pieces aren't being produced as of right now, as aren't the wooden wheel I used to build the small tower on the right of the white building (you can't see those pieces, but I assure you-they are there).

Favorite part of the build process: Either building the round tower or the trunk of the palm tree - both constructions used an interesting technique and came out very well.

Level of difficulty: The technique is pretty simple, however I've only come across it in more advanced builds, so I'd say this MOC was pretty difficult to build.





There;s a sleeping pirate in the background

A game of cards seems to be in progrees on that barrel

The scared captain's mate hides from the battle

Just 2 pirates fighting on a roof

A deadly cannon fires on the oncoming prates

A side view of the model

A bird's eye view of the MOC

Comments

Popular Posts