RebelLUG vignweek 2020 day 3

This is my second submmision for RebelLUG's week-long contest (as I mentioned in a previous post, I missed the first day). The MOC theme for today was post-apocalypse. I built this model, a representation of a "pool" in the future of a post-apocalyptic world. The build consists of a stream of who knows what emerging from a storm sewer pipe with a minifig calmly relaxing in it. Beside him another minifigure lifeguard stands by to save him from drowning and, if it's necessary, to protect him from violent minifigs. This build also happens to be my second model in the free-form style.

Approximate build time: 2.5 hours


Number of pieces: about 700


Availability of the pieces: Besides the minifigures and their equipment, the motorcycle piece is pretty rare as is the net, however these pieces can be purchased online.


Favorite part of the build process: I believe it's going to have to be 
building the base in the free-form technique — I had fun building it and I feel it came out pretty well.

Level of difficulty: Hard. To be able to build a run-down build is harder than you think. It might seem easy at first - just take a regular model and break it! But believe me, it's really hard.










Comments

Popular Posts