Lego Ideas/Unity project

    Lego recently announced they would create a contest in collaboration with Unity, the goal being to create a couple o original Lego microgames. This contest is unique for a couple of reasons, mainly the fact that it is one of the few that doesn't necessarily involve any building, but also due to the fact that is the only contest up to date where every participant is rewarded with a small prize, in this case a unique Lego minifigure with a gaming console and the Unity logo on their torso, and the only contest where to extra winners are randomly selected. I believe the reason for all of this is that Lego doesn't think that many people will enter this contest, and I have to agree - a lot of the entries to Lego Ideas contests are small, low quality builds by bored members who just want do something with their spare time, whereas even downloading the software to make a game such as this requires a lot of patience and commitment. 

    Because at the moment I do not have a lot of physical bricks with me, I jumped at the chance to do something digitally and went straight to work on creating my own Lego video game. Now, after about 2 weeks the game is about 2/3 done and looks very promising. I'm happy to say, that I believe I have a fairly large chance (in my opinion) of winning one of the main prizes. At the moment almost none of the games submitted pose any threat to mine and I believe my chances to be fairly high.

    So far I've finished the first level and am working on the second, much shorter level featuring the face off against the "boss," in this case a medieval wizard bearing the name Makuta. Even though the game has a medieval/fantasy setting, the entire game is riddled with references to Bionicle, as sort of a way of showing where my loyalties lie concerning the 90th anniversary vote. For those of you who don't know what I'm referring to, be sure to check out my video on the subject

    Lego is encouraging participants to promote their game by creating posters and trailers, stuff like that, so I've begun by creating a poster I will use to promote my game on my social media. This poster has yet to be released anywhere else, so those of you who are reading the blog get an early snaek-peak at my game. If you're fluent in Matoran text, then deciphering the title of the game shouldn't be much of a problem. For those of you who aren't fluent in the dominating Bionicle language, now would be the perfect time to learn.

    Stay tuned for further updates!



Comments

Popular Posts