UCS Blaster Rifle MOC (Instructions Available)

I decided it was time to take on the challenge of building a life-size weapon from the Star Wars universe. I considered doing a lightsaber, but after seeing that other fans had already created lightsabers for almost every single jedi and sith that I had ever heard of and more, I figured it wouldn't be any thing impressive. So I decided to build a blaster. However, once again many of the blasters used in Star Wars had already been constructed. I then had an original idea to build a Lego blaster life-size. After considering a few weapons, I decided on the medium blaster rifle - most likely the most common weapon in Lego Star Wars. Of course, I threw in some of my own details to make the blaster more realistic looking. The end result - an awesome weapon that when being held makes you feel like a minifigure right out of the Star Wars universe. I built a stand to go with this MOC featuring the weapon in minifigure scale and Tackman Rafter from the blog's comic, - Troopers. Instructions for this MOC and the stand shall be available on my profile in a pdf format on rebrickable.com.

Approximate build time: about 3 hours

Number of pieces: 332

Availability of the pieces: Seeing as though I built this model in real life, I'd say the pieces are pretty common. My first version of this MOC was a multi-colored prototype. I changed most of the pieces to black after having finished my prototype version, however to possess all the bricks in this color is relatively hard to do without having bought the pieces especially for the build or without having a vast collection of over ten years worth of random Lego pieces. A complete inventory of the pieces used to build this model shall be available on my profile on rebrickable.com.

Favorite part of the build process: Constructing the trigger so that you can fire multiple times quickly was definitely very interesting. Although it took a while, the outcome was worth it - another playability feature enabling it to be more attractive to adult and younger fans alike.

Level of difficulty: This build is definitely more complex than some of my previous MOCs. Even though the side and top plating come off easily, repairing the build can be a little harder than you expect.


The blaster without the stand

The stand

Spring enabling rapid fire feature




Comments

Popular Posts