Cyberpunk Speeder Garage

This is a MOC I finished a while ago, in the beginning of December. It was originally going to be the first MOC for the Cyberpunk Collaboration GRID

About one month into the collab everything was going fine with a steady stream of WIPs being posted regularly, however a couple days later everything went downhill - after getting into a disagreement with the collab host, one member was kicked from the collab and another was found to take his place, thus resulting in a serious set-back in the release of the collab. About a week later the collab leader decided to take a break from Discord for a while and the other participants didn't hear from him for about one month. In this time many members decided to leave the collaboration altogether

About three weeks after the collab leader decided to take a break from Discord, a couple of members who were still active suggested we redo the collab ourselves and host it in an altogether new way. Most participants agreed this was a good idea and decided to wait a week just in case the original collab leader came back. Sure enough, a couple of days later he returned, slightly annoyed that we had thought of redoing the collab ourselves. He said he would find new members to substitute the ones that left and the collab would take place without change. That was about 3 weeks ago and no new members have joined in that time.

I personally had to rush to finish this MOC 1.5 months before the deadline because of my family traveling to the states a month sooner than I expected. I spent a lot of precious time attempting to finish the MOC on time, now only to see that I needn't have worried. This makes me very annoyed, especially seeing as though this is my first larger online collaboration I was a part of - hopefully future collaboration experiences shall be less stressful and frustrating. 

After waiting a month from the original release deadline without contact with most of the members and suggesting to redo the collab from scratch, I feel perfectly justified in posting this MOC.

On a happier note, I'm back in Poland with my bricks as well as many ideas for future MOCs, some of which I'm building right now. Despite the long and annoying story associated with this MOC, I still think it's worth sharing with you guys. If I had had more time to work on it, I definitely would have improved it some more. I've got a MOC for Dark Times coming, as well as a different collab MOC from a theme in which you don't see a lot of MOCs. Hint: think ancient history. Until then, take care, have fun, and as always;

Happy Building









Comments

Popular Posts