Hunting (Fractured Kingdoms RPG and MOC)

I built this MOC originally thinking I would use it as my entry for the monthly challenge, however in the end I decided to submit simply as a free build. Although I received fewer points for the MOC, it meant I could use this MOC to tell a different story (also I could build a different MOC for the monthly challenge, which would mean more points in the long run). This is the first MOC in which I used the net building technique - this technique involves constructing a floppy 10x10 plate by using a mixture of 2x2 round plate, studs and 1 net piece. The build features my character hunting a Wurt (small, toad-like creatures) beneath a broken arch, perhaps from the remains of an ancient city or castle. 

Approximate build time:  2.5 hours

Number of pieces: about 500

Availability of the pieces: I believe the rarest pieces used in this MOC were the three curled up whips, which I believe are not in production as of right now. Besides that, the pieces used are pretty easy to come by.

Favorite part of the build process: Building the arches. I loved how it came out: destroyed with vines climbing up the structure.

Level of difficulty: Hard. Some techniques used are difficult to use and some parts of the MOC are rather delicate.

Below is the story that went along with this MOC for the RPG:

The secret was out: Alborne was going to launch an attack on Isloriel. Enemy forces had unbeknownst to us been tunneling through the southern mountains marking our border with Alborne - the cause of the mysterious landslides. Now, after a century of constant digging, Isloriel's border was to be finally breached. This was a for more dangerous problem than fleeing wildlife and I have to say the thought of Albornian forces rushing in on the unsuspecting people of southern Isloriel is a frightening one. I try not to think about what would have happened had our queen not received information of this planned attack.

Although the village council had ordered me to report the cause of the landslides, I decided the protection of our region was more important. I don't deny the fact that the idea of staying away from my village (or more accurately it's inhabitants) for longer did also appeal to me.

The kind traveler who had told me of the oncoming attack also informed me of an area with a dense population of Wurts near me. Due to the constant landslides and fleeing wildlife I had not yet had the chance to replenish my stores. I thanked the traveler and rushed off to the place he had shown me on my map. I didn't have to look long before I noticed a baby Wurt - not nearly the size of an adult and without white spots. However, I was very close to the border and I believed the young creature would provide enough subsidence till I reached my destination. I silently removed an arrow from my quiver and placed it on my bow. I then raised it to point at the unsuspecting Wurt, pulled back the string, and fired. The arrow fled straight and true, finding its mark in the small Wurt.

Having acquired food, I resumed my trip towards the border where I planned to defend my country in whatever way I could.


The MOC with the Fractured Kingdoms logo

A close-up on my character

Comments

Popular Posts