Through the Forest (MOC)

My first MOC for the Lego Fractured Kingdoms RPG. No special techniques were used. It's built on a Free-form base (as usual) and features my character,  Zyryn Slyfth. This MOC is rather simple and small, however seeing as though this model was meant only to introduce my character it does the trick.

Approximate build time: 30 miutes

Number of pieces: About 300

Availability of the pieces: Pieces in earth green are a little hard to come by, however they're available for sale on Lego's website in the pick-a-brick section, so I wouldn't consider them to be rare.

Favorite part of the build process: Seeing as though this is a rather simple MOC, I guess my favorite part was designing the Zyryn (in Lego form as well as his traits).

Level of difficulty: Somewhere between easy and hard. It's not very complex and very small. You could easily reverse engineer it.

Information about Zyryn:
Name: Zyryn Slyfth
Kingdom: Isloriel
Race: Human
Weapon(s): Bow, dirk

For every entry in the RPG you must add a story to your picture, so without further ado I give you the first chapter of the amazing adventures of Zyryn.

I walked silently through the forest, away from my village and my ruthless oppressors. Being a human in an elven society I have always been the odd one out. Every day, I have to cope with my neighbors whispering behind my back about the size of my tiny ears and short hair. When I was young, I was always the last one picked during a game of sling ball. Not that I am a weak player - I can still run faster and throw harder than anyone in my village without breaking a sweat. I age faster than my friends (if you could call them that). I looked a couple of decades older than anyone else in my school. My given name is Zyryn and I've lived in Isloriel for as long as I can remember. I've come to accept the life which I live - the life of an outcast. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.


When I heard rumors of the mysterious landslides on Isloriel's southern border, I volunteered to go and collect information about the events taking place. The village council agreed to let me go, for which I thank them. Any excuse to leave the constant insults and glares of the other villagers is welcome in my life. Having grabbed my bow and dirk I headed south placing as much distance between me and the village as possible. I will return this evening after having savored my cherished time alone, away from the despicable reality in which I live.

After a while I realized something was amiss. I looked at my surroundings, however I found nothing out of the ordinary. I came across a small stream leading south and decided to follow it. Had my water ever run out, I could replenish my supplies anywhere along its bank. I noticed a single white flower among the many bushes around me. I couldn't help but compare it to myself - another unique being among the many similar, all alone, not another in sight - a fish out of water.

And then it hit me - I looked into the river I was following. After a brief search I found that it did not contain a single fish or minnow. I listened carefully to see if I could hear the faintest chirp of a bird, but I heard nothing. These landslides could be a bigger problem than I originally thought. The people of Isloriel live mainly off of the natural wildlife, most notably the Wurts. However, none of the toad-like creatures seemed to be present as I scanned the forest. If these landslides continue to take place, it could result in the evacuation of the southern lands. Although I despise the villagers, I have come to love the village itself and its rivers and patches of plains and swamps. I felt a small jolt of fear. I would never be at rest as long as I wasn't sure what (or who) was causing these dangerous landslides. I may not return before sundown after all... 





Comments

Popular Posts