Arrow in the apple (MOC)

Alright, before I start talking about the details of this MOC I'm going to answer the question I'm guessing you're all asking yourselves, which is why in the world does this MOC look the way it does. The apple looks like a bunch of plates stuck together to resemble a cube/sphere and the arrow looks like a branch that's been chewed on by a dog. There is one simple answer to these questions - this MOC was built for a contest category entitled "purist builder," meaning your MOCs can be built using only normal bricks, plates, and the simplest modified bricks (1x1 with one stud on one side, 1x2 with 2 studs on one side, and 1x4 with 4 studs on one side). No special techniques were used, unless you count the fact that the whole MOC was built using only the simplest pieces. I've never really built these types of builds before (I refer to them as Nathan Sawaya MOCs due to the fact that he builds using mainly plain pieces)

Approximate build time: 20 minutes.

Number of pieces: I'd say around 50.

Availability of the pieces: None of the pieces used are expensive or rare, overall a very simple build

Favorite part of the build process: I guess the only part that was semi-interesting, meaning the construction of the apple (I used the same technique I use for my snowmen).

Level of difficulty: Very easy. This MOC could be the perfect starter-build for a 4-year old child.


Comments

Popular Posts