Phase 2 (Fractured Kingdoms RPG and MOC)

It might seem that I haven't been building for a while, but in fact I've really been constructing one of the larger MOCs I've ever done in a while. This one was for the Fractured Kingdoms RPG and my first collaboration with an awesome builder; Peninsula Bricks. The two-part collaboration was made to depict a two-stage plan of attack on the invading army of Alborne. Peninsula Bricks built an incredible MOC depicting Islorien forces battling Alborne in the southern swamps and I built this MOC featuring Islorien soldiers forcing Alborne back to the border. This MOC came out great in my opinion and is certainly one of the better ones I've made in quite a while. The trees came out very well, even thought they were very unstable at first and the sand green spots in the rock-work made a huge difference.

Approximate build time: 7 hours

Number of pieces: about 1500

Availability of the pieces: The only rare pieces I can think of are the yellow tree limbs - the easiest way to get them is in a Pick-a-Brick order (the only other way to get them is in the Lego Ideas set, Tree House).

Favorite part of the build process: I'm not sure - building the trees was very difficult, so I can't say it was that... I suppose it was constructing the minifigures.

Level of difficulty: Very hard

To find Peninsula bricks' MOC, visit his Instagram 

Below is the story that went with this MOC for the RPG:

The first phase of the ambush had succeeded - Albornian forces were forced to retreat from the swamps down the forest path and attempted to find a way around the muddy obstacle. Their attempt, however, was futile. No sooner had they emerged from the swamp then they were met by another force of our soldiers, pushing them back to the border.

The element of surprise and our knowledge of the terrain really made a large difference - if not for those two factors, I'm sure our casualties would have been much larger.

I was stationed with the other archers, who were to stand at a distance from the thick of the battle and pick off Albornian soldiers. I would have much rather been stationed as a Caeliadon rider, but I suppose with little to none experience on riding the winged animals was, I was not the best candidate for that position. Dalayor was to be paired with a rather hostile elf under the name of Kiirion Fensys - I couldn't help but think that he would have been safer in the hands of someone who didn't scare young cadets for fun.

Once the battle had begun, I became aware of just how important archers could be in a battle. Whenever I spotted someone in immediate danger I would single out his attacker and do my best to help him out.

After about 15 minutes of the battle I heard someone call;

"Cowards!"

I turned to see an Albornian soldier who had snuck behind our lines. I raised my bow to shoot him, but as I did he whipped out his sword and challenged me to a duel.

I accepted and brandished my dirk. The soldier was not very skilled and I soon dispatched of him. Once I had finished dueling him I noticed my garrison had moved on. With any luck, we'll have pushed Alborne back to the border by now.












For information about the techniques used in this MOC, watch this short video:


Comments

Popular Posts