Uprising on Takodana (MOC)

I built this MOC in one day for another YouTube contest which I' almost sure to get second place in after First Order Lego (my personal favorite Lego Star Wars builder). It depicts a public uprising on Takodana where some civilians are seen attacking a Republic outpost using jet-packs. Although this MOC uses my character from the Dark Times, this MOC was not built for the RPG. I'm not really pleased with the way it came out, but I won't have time to change it so this is how it will have to stay. If I had gotten the chance I would have changed the terrain and possibly the platform on top of the rock formations. This MOC features 8 minifigures, although one of them is not visible at first glance - the admiral stationed at the republic base is hiding in the cargo room.

Approximate build time: 7 hours

Number of pieces: about 2300

Availability of the pieces: The rarest pieces are the ice cream pieces used as smoke by the lifting-off jet-pack and the printed 1x1 circular tile with the thermal detonator printing. Besides that all the pieces are pretty common.

Favorite part of the build process: Building the rock formations - my favorite part of the build because I think it came out very well for the bricks I have. I have a massive order of >1000 pieces coming in the mail which I shall be using for future rock formations (they'll be a lot larger).

Level of difficulty: Very hard - the rock work uses a complex mixture of SNOT bricks and ball joints - not your every day Lego rocks.









For more pictures of the model watch this short video:

Comments

Popular Posts