Transmission on Corellia (Dark Times RPG and MOC)

This MOC was built as an operation entry for the popular Lego Star Wars RPG. This build was built to depict a scene on the planet of Corellia, a planet know for it's production of ships and weaponry for the Galactic Empire during the dark times. This MOC depicts character who's visiting a speeder bike repair shop along with the smuggler Veto when he receives a transmission informing him of a new job issued by the Confederate Remnant. I think this MOC came out pretty well and I received a lot of positive feedback on it. Hopefully all my builds will come out this way or better.

Approximate build time: 5 Hours

Number of pieces: about 750

Availability of the pieces: there are no rare pieces that come to mind when I think about this MOC. I suppose the only rare pieces are the black whips, but even those are pretty common. Goes to show what you can do with a couple of standard bricks and a lot of time.

Favorite part of the build process: Constructing the base - I had a lot of fun building it and I'm pleased with the way it came out. 

Level of difficulty: Very hard (I know there's been a lot of these lately)

Below is the story that went along with this MOC for the RPG:

://Begin Veto's personal log\\:

It has been two weeks since the attack on Bakura. After having received a share of the Empire's reward, I embarked to search for other jobs, this time with a friend I had met on Bakura - a bounty hunter with the name of Marcus Bender. Together we've been searching for a job the last 14 days without success. It wasn't until today that we received the transmission describing a new high paying job for us...

"Remind me why we're here again?"
I had asked a million times, however Marcus always answered differently.

"Isn't it obvious? I need to repair my speeder and what better place is there to do that than a repair garage?"

How infuriating. It was perfectly clear his speeder needed repairing - he had crashed into some crates while chasing some wanted Rodian and demolished it into about 1000 pieces. Personally I didn't think there was any hope for that speeder.

"I mean why are we on Corellia? We've been wasting away here for the past few days with little to drink and even less to eat. If someone had wanted a job done, they would have contacted us by now"

Marcus sighed. "I've already told you what we're doing here - we're trying to put together a larger crew. I've heard rumors of a new job that involves taking down Imperial forces. I don't feel to good about taking on the strongest military force in the entire galaxy by ourselves"

"You're a bounty hunter and I'm a smuggler - our type work best alone"

He raised an eyebrow. "Yet here we are looking for a new job which we plan on doing together"

He had a point I suppose, however I still wasn't completely certain.

"Besides," he continued. "Working together got us far on Bakura. Believe me when I say that's the first job I felt good about after completion in a while"

We had reached our destination - a small complex on the outskirts of Coronet city. We entered the building and found are selves in a dark and dusty garage. The only source of light were two yellow lamps on the ceiling which made the garage look even more deserted. I looked at Marcus - by the look on his face I guessed he was having second thoughts about this place.

I noticed a man just visible in the eerie glow of the lamps. He was sitting down with his back against the wall. He either hadn't noticed us or didn't care because he showed no sign that he knew of our presence. I walked a little closer.

"We're looking for the best speeder repair shop this side of the city. I trust we've come to the right place?"

The man looked up. "Depends on who's asking. What are you here for?"

"We're innocent spice traders here to get a speeder fixed, why else would we be here?" asked Marcus, evidently exasperated.

The man stared us for a while, as if sizing us up. He noticed Marcus' fob and raised an eyebrow. Finally, he spoke;

"Y'all can come out, they're good"

It seemed that out of nowhere two men appeared - one carried a quarter staff, the other electro tools. Instinctively, I reached for my blaster and turned to face the newcomers. Marcus however remained motionless.

"You say you've go-" began the man armed with the quarter staff, but was cut off by Marcus;

"Quiet!" He had an excited look on his face. Everyone remained silent, perhaps out of sheer surprise at Marcus' outburst.

"Is everything al-" I began, but I too was cut off. Not by Marcus, but by a disembodied voice which emitted from our comlinks.

"Beginning transmission. Attention all bounty hunters and smugglers - we have a new major job issued by the CR on Ord Mantell. Be ready to receive more information at 2200 hours. End Transmission"

Marcus turned to face me. "The rumors are true." He couldn't hide the smirk that was slowly spreading across his face. "And it just so happens that there's a transport leaving for Ord Mantell tomorrow - I checked all star ships leaving tomorrow from the spaceport"

"My dear sirs," said Marcus, this time to the mechanics." We're sorry to have wasted your time, but something more important has come up, and we must leave immediately"

The sitting man got up and walked over to Marcus.

"Why don't we go together? After all," he removed a comlink identical to Marcus' from his pocket. "I heard you talking with your friend outside - you need more men. We can help, we're all experienced smugglers. We'd have a larger chance of completing the Mission together."

"I thought you said you were mechanics," I said. The man laughed.

"And I thought you said you were spice traders?"

Marcus looked from me to the mechanics. After a while he seemed to come to a decision.

"Alright, you can accompany us, however once we've completed this job I don't want you tagging along with us." He leaned over to me and whispered,"if they're any good it'll make our job easier, if they aren't - well, there'll just be a smaller chance that the imperial troops will shoot at one of us"

And with that statement the two became five.


://End Veto's personal log\\:

My MOC with the Dark Times RPG logo.

My character for the RPG, Marcus Bender.


A bird's eye view of the model.
To view more pictures of this MOC, be sure to watch this short video:

Comments

Popular Posts