Pursuit (Dark Times RPG and MOC)

Once again, this MOC was built for Dark Times. This build was built for the sixth target - Secrets of Wild Space. My faction was supposed to capture leaders from a separate faction who were hiding out in an old separatist outpost and sell them to the empire. I'm happy to say I was able to upgrade my character from the position of smuggler to bounty hunter which gave me extra objectives for this target. For those of you who don't know, gameplay in Dark Times is divided into specific "targets." Each target is placed on a different planet with a different story to go with it. Although I didn't think it would at first, this MOC came out relatively well and I'm very pleased with it. The rock work came out pretty well - next time I want to add more studs and slopes placed on their side. I used the 49 olive-green grass pieces I had acquired from my most recent Pick-a-Brick order as well as the earth green tree branches. The only problem with it is that it's hard to photograph - most of my builds aren't as tall.

Approximate build time: 7 hours

Number of pieces: about 1100

Availability of the pieces: On the small communications tower you can see a gray astromech droid head with the Millennium Falcon cockpit printing which is only available in one set. Besides that one piece, all the parts used in this MOC are pretty common.

Favorite part of the build process: Adding the grass - I was amazed at the difference it made to the overall look of the model.

Level of difficulty: Very hard


Below is a story that went with this MOC for the RPG:

I decided I would try my luck on a planet that didn't happen to be covered in insufferable snow and ice, in this case Bakura. The Empire had acquired information that some members of the confederate Remnant were hiding out in an old CIS outpost. They contacted the best bounty hunters, smugglers, and pirates across the galaxy promising a most generous reward for anyone who would manage to infiltrate the outpost and capture CR leaders. They basically formed an army of possibly the most dangerous beings in the galaxy. I admit, this job sounded more like a siege than a simple matter of hit-and-run. Plus, I don't enjoy doing the Empire's dirty work for them - that's what the galactic Marines are for. I don't usually take this kind of job, but as I said before, the promised reward was large, and I was running low on credits. A man's got to eat - you can't live off of pride alone.

Although most of the time we don't work together, we bounty hunters came to an agreement with the pirates. The pirates would locate the base and then together with the smugglers we'd invade the outpost, getting rid of the simple infantry units. After that, us bounty hunters would capture the leaders, and we'd all split the reward.

For safety purposes, we agreed that everyone taking part in the siege would have a companion that would bring them to safety if they were shot or injured in any other way. Once your companion was brought to safety, you were to wait for someone else who had lost their partner and then go out with them to fight once more. We all knew this rule was simply introduced to make sure no one ran off with a CR commander to get the reward all for themselves. I wouldn't put it past any of us to do exactly that, including me if the opportunity arose.

I was paired with a masked smuggler who introduced himself as Veto. His shooting skills were very impressive as was his modified blaster - it was capable of launching some pretty destructive projectiles.

We were to begin our attack at 1600 hours in the south-west quadrant with a couple of others, a few of which I knew from some jobs I had done a while back.

At 1600 hours the fun began and I found myself running through a maze of lasers chasing after the fleeing CR forces, searching for their leader. I watched as Remnant soldiers and bounty hunters fall alike and wondered if this wasn't such a great idea after all. Veto was still alive and I could tell he had done this sort of thing before - he was ahead of everyone else and bearing down on the CR forces with such ferocity I had never seen before. I followed in his wake which was much easier than clearing my own path. After a while I caught up with Veto and together we chased the remnant soldiers, who in desperation were doing anything to avoid death at the hands of us bounty hunters. Some were throwing their weapons at the oncoming hunters, while others even threw themselves, wrestling us to ground or else being shot in the stomach.

That's when I saw it - an orange pauldron, the marking of a commander. I immediately took off after the fleeing commander, Veto close behind me. The commander was accompanied by a trooper who was firing shots at random, hoping to scare us away - obviously she had never encountered bounty hunters and smugglers before.

After a few minutes of ducking blaster-shots and chasing the CR commander, I noticed an old communications tower to which I presumed he was running. I mustered all of my strength for a final sprint - I had to capture the commander before he reached the comms tower. If he could signal for more reinforcements from a different system, the CR could have us trapped on Bakura with no way of escaping. Leaving Veto behind, a charged after the commander.

I caught up them a few seconds before the commander would have reached the comms tower. Having quickly disposed of the trooper and chased after her commander. I set my blaster to stun and called in what I hoped to sounded something like a female voice,"Commander!"

He turned around to meet my A280C aimed right at his chest.

"Don't shoo-!" he cried, but was cut off by my stunning blast that hit him square in the chest.

I called to Veto who was resting against a large rock to help me carry the unconscious commander back to our pick-up point.


Mission accomplished


Destroyed battle droids

In addition to purchasing the bounty hunter role, I also bouht a companion under the name of Veto.


A view of the destroyed battle droids.


A closeup on myc character; Marcus Bender

A back view of the MOC showing the communications tower as well as some rusty crates.

A leader of the Confederate Remnant

Comments

Popular Posts