Nature's Reside (MOC and Lego Ideas submission)

After building that piano player automaton, I decided it was time I built something more nature related. The result - Nature's Reside, my first MOC built using the free-form technique. The building features a small area full of greenery with a small pond placed an some rock formations. A wandering Minifigure takes a brisk stroll through the forest. As this is my first free-form style MOC it is rather small however, in the future, I shall be building larger medieval themed MOCs using the same technique. This MOC is a Lego Ideas submission and will be available on my profile here. I'd like to point out that unfortunately my previous Lego Ideas submission wasn't approved.

Approximate build time: About 1 hour

Number of pieces: I'd guess around 500

Availability of the pieces: Excluding the Minifigure, the rarest pieces are the pieces I used to build those small pine trees (small grass pieces). Those fish in the light blue color are rare, however they can be easily replaced with fish of another color.

Favorite part of the build process: Building those fish jumping out of the pond. I did use this technique earlier in my Trip to the arctic build, but it's still my favorite part of the MOC (I'm really proud of that technique).

Level of difficulty: With the free-form technique being used, I'd say it's pretty hard.









Two fish jumping out of their pond.






Comments

Popular Posts