Medieval Lego (tips and tricks for your medieval weaponry)

Sometimes whenever you're building you'll realize you don't have enough of one type of brick, minifigure, certain color etc. Here I'll show you how to make weapons for your medieval minifigures using pieces that are very common and that you probably own, because these pieces come in many sets. First I'll show you a catapult substitute.


This catapult is capable of launching up to three round 1x1 bricks, whereas the small catapult piece supplied by lego is only capable of launching one. Lego does have larger catapults, however these catapults are very rare,and come in the largest castle sets. This catapult is built from the pieces shown below.

One 3x3 dish
One lightsaber hilt
Two light grey 1x2 jumper plates
One modified 1x1 brick with a hole for a technic pin
One black clip
One light grey nozzle shaft
One light grey 3l bar
One technic half pin (light grey)
One 1x1 plate with clip on top


I will not include instructions for this catapult, however it is fairly simple to build and you should'nt have many difficulties building it.

Above is a picture of the catapult piece made by Lego, which is situated on the 6x6 dish. It is smaller and does not fire as far as the one I've built (even though that doesn't account for much with me, seeing as though I don't play with most of the things I build).


Above is a picture of a soldier built by me. He's holding a lance and a shield piece. However, in my castle model I will finish in a month or so (I unfortunately can't build it right now) I will use a different shield, that I'll build myself, because the shield piece in the picture above is not being made as much right now, because there are no Lego castle themes at the moment (Harry Potter doesn't use shields). So instead I will be using one of the shields shown below.


This shield is made of the two pieces shown below.



The grey piece is really the grey part of the joystick piece. They are put together as shown below to form a shield a minifigure is capable of holding.


This next shield is also uses very common pieces.


This shield is the one I will probably use for my medieval scene. It is built from these pieces:


One black 2x2 dish and one 1x1 round plate. They are put together as shown below.


The lance the soldier uses is made out of a black lightsaber hilt, a 4l black bar and a wand from the Harry Potter theme.



I hope these builds satisfy you, and happy building!

Comments

Popular Posts